Buying used photocopiers? A Must Read
What do I look for when buying used photocopiers?
Here are 6 things to look out for when buying used photocopiers:
1. Buying a used photocopier, first thing is finding out the duty (or the number of life prints the machine can do) the copier has done.
2. Find what the machine has ACTUALLY done. Photocopiers can be clocked and made to look like they have done fewer prints than advertised
3. Get an independent qualified engineer to look over the used photocopier machine. Then you can limit the surprise of big bills (get him to check if it’s been clocked too).
4. Check the print quality before you purchase. If the machine is not printing cleanly, without lines, blotches etc. don’t buy it or get a quote on repair before you do, as this is a sure sign money is needed to be spent and it could prove expensive.
5. Only buy a used copier with a service contract that has a minimum of 1 year and that can’t be cancelled due to lack of parts
6. Ensure it been serviced before buying it and run some prints on it to ensure its working well
What are the advantages, new versus pre-owned (used or old) photocopier?
Used Copier Quality
Used Copier Durability
Used Copier Life
Used Copier Call-outs
You run a higher risk of breakdowns buying used. This can mean increased downtime waiting for engineers to turn up and for parts.